Partner with Us to
Cultivate Industry-Ready Talent
Unlock a pipeline of exceptional talent for your organization with OC BioTech Education. Our cutting-edge program is not just about education; it’s about empowering the next generation of skilled professionals who can contribute immediately to your industry.
Learn about the benefits of partnering with our program
The oc biotech difference:
hands-on skills & training
Students who complete the program have participated in hands-on training that includes at least 4 semester units (~200 hours) of:
General Laboratory Techniques
Microscopy, spectrophotometry, chromatography, electrophoresis, filtration, centrifugation, spectrophotometry, pH measurements, micropipetting, serological pipetting, electronic balance, aseptic technique, inventory management, safety, GLP/GMP, regulations and proper documentation
Solution and Media Preparation
Calculation and preparation of percent and molar solutions, dilutions (including serial dilutions), sterilization (filtration, autoclave, etc.).
Upstream and downstream processes including expression, lysis, purifications, quantification, and characterization of proteins by techniques such as spectrophotometers, electrophoresis, chromatography and ELISA.
Nucleic Acid Chemistry
DNA Isolation and characterization, subcloning, restriction mapping, sequence analysis, PCR and primer design.
Quality & Regulations
Familiarity with quailty and regulatory concepts, such as: cGMP, GLP, 21CFR, CQIA Certification, FDA regulations, QC/QA, regulatory affairs, statistical process control and QMS.
Problem-solving, effective communication, collaborative teamwork, ethical considerations, time management, attention to detail, adaptability to new technologies and methods, critical thinking, and a grasp of current industry trends
JOIN OUR ADVISORY BOARD
We consult our industry partners to ensure curriculum effectiveness and to stay current with hiring needs. We are always looking for new partners to attend our annual meeting where they can:
- Network with local industry
- Design the candidate pool
- Influence the skills and training of the incoming workforce
- Get to know our regional training program, staff, job candidates and interns
- Review curriculum and learn about upcoming projects
- Advise on desired skills and third party certifications
HOST AN INTERN
- The company determines whether the opportunity is paid or unpaid
- Unpaid students are covered with our Workman’s Compensation insurance
- For every 60 hours (unpaid) or 75 hours (paid) completed, students receive 1 unit of college credit
- A site may host more than one intern at the same time
- Flexible “open-entry” system allows for interns to be assigned at various times throughout the year
- Internships reduce the overhead costs of employee onboarding and training
RECRUIT YOUR EMPLOYEES
We are constantly working with students to not only master technical skills, but professional soft skills as well. Our curriculum has been formatted to encourage the following:
- Collaboration and team work
- Analysis and solution mindset
- Troubleshooting and problem solving
- Adaptability and resilience
- Effective communication
- …and many more!
New EmployersEmployer Registration Form
How to Get Started
Your business is a likely candidate to participate if it can provide:
- The minimum work hours required per semester (60 unpaid or 75 paid)
- Someone to mentor the student
- A meaningful learning experience
Email the internship coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org with additional internship opportunities.
Icons made by Eucalyp from www.flaticon.com is licensed by CC 3.0 BY
Icons made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com is licensed by CC 3.0 BY
Icon courtesy of https://www.serva.de/enDE/217_Products_Featured_Products.html
Icon courtesy of https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Microarray-data-processing-workflow-The-diagram-stresses-the-requirement-to_fig1_251350635