The term “special admissions” applies to students who are currently enrolled in grades K-12. These students may enroll in courses on a space-available basis.
BIOSCIENCES INTERNSHIPS for High School Students
- Biocom Institute Life Science Young Leaders HS Internships
- J. Craig Venter Institute Internship Program
- Salk Institute Heithoff-Brody High School Summer Scholars
- Salk Institute Intro to Research Science and Communication Virtual Program
- Salk Institute for Biological Studies High School Summer Scholars Program
- Scripps Research High School Student Research Education Program
- Wong Opportunity High School Internship Program
- Children’s Hospital Health Professional Exploration Program
- City of Hope Cancer Center: Roberts Summer Student Academy
- Los Angeles Pediatric Society- Gene Black Summer Medical Program
- Saban Research Institute: Samuels Family Latino & African American High School Internship Program
- University of California-Irvine School of Medicine: Student Research Intern Program
- University of California-Irvine: Campus as a Living Lab Internship
- University of California-Los Angeles: Steve Tisch BrainSPORT Program Summer High School Internship
- University of California-Santa Barbara Research Mentorship Program
- Bay Area Red Cross: Summer Internships
- Buck Institute for Aging Research: Summer HS Scholars Program (not 2021)
- Children’s Hospital, Oakland: Summer Student Research Program
- Joint BioEnergy Institute: Intro College Level Experience in Microbiology
- Kaiser Permanente LAUNCH
- Stanford Institute of Medicine: Summer Research Program (not 2021)
- Stanford Medicine Cardiothoracic Surgical Skills Summer Internship
- Stanford University Institutions of Medicine Summer Research Program
- University of California-San Francisco High School Biomedical Internship
k-12 admit forms
Fullerton College offers students enrolled in K-12 the opportunity to enroll in advanced scholastic or vocational work as Special Admit Students. Enrollment is for “advanced scholastic or vocational work” and NOT for pre-college level math, English and reading courses offered by local high schools. Download and print the required Special Admissions Packet and the Health Services Form.
Irvine Valley College
The term “special admissions” apply to students who are currently enrolled in grades K-12. These students may enroll in IVC courses on a space-available basis. As required by state law, K-12 students will receive a low priority registration time so as to not displace regularly admitted students.
Santa Ana College
A CAP student is a high school student who wishes to enroll in college classes. High School (CAP) students who would benefit from advanced scholastic work may enroll in classes with signed consent of the high school principal, a parent, and the appropriate Santa Ana College Division Dean. All signatures are recorded on the Career Advanced Placement (CAP) form.
Santiago Canyon College
Students in the 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th grades of high school may be admitted as special part-time or full-time students to Santiago Canyon College. SCC full-time status is 6 units for Summer session and 12 units for Fall/Spring semester.
Email staff directly at email@example.com or complete the form below: